Tuesday 11 June 2013

Sponge Gradient

Today I have my first sponged gradient to show you. I know, I'm a bit behind the times! I'll admit that this didn't turn out quite the way I wanted. I was hoping for the colours to turn out a bit darker. Instead I think it looks like an Easter egg. Oh well! Practice, practice, practice. Done over a base of white. Colours used were Orly Coachella Dweller, Bondi NY Uptown Girl, and Picture Polish Fairy Floss. Topped with a coat of Glitter Gal Light As A Feather.

sponge

sponge gradient

sponge gradient

So there you have it! Easy enough technique, so I'll keep trying. This was applied by painting the polish onto a make-up applicator sponge and then applying to the nail. Clean up definitely required! Love to hear your thoughts and/or any suggestions. Thanks for having a look!

2 comments:

I love to hear from my readers!