Thursday 18 April 2013

essence Vintage District trio

Hello polish people!  I was able to find the new essence Vintage District collection polishes at my local Shoppers Drug Mart the other day! They don't always get new collections in so I was pretty excited. And for essence being carried in Canada, Shopper's is the only store I can find.

VINTAGE PEACH is a brown toned peach. Darker then what most of us would refer to as a peach. I liked the shade but found in certain lighting that is looked a bit weird with my skin tone. I used 2 coats with a coat of Seche Vite. I found that the formula didn't quite self level all the way. It needed the top coat to help with that. Pics taken outdoors in sun.





ANTIQUE ROSE is a darker, dusty, muted pink. Full coverage in 2 coats. Again, didn't quite self level all the way. You'll see a few bubbles in the pics, but that is actually from the top coat not the polish itself. Pretty colour. I think this would be flattering with most skin tones. Pictures taken outdoors in sunlight.





SHOPPING @ PORTOBELLO ROAD is a dusty teal blue shade. Not really sure how to describe it actually. I also have no idea where the name comes from either. Doesn't seem to fit with the previous two. This was another 2 coater and evened out better then the previous polishes. Please note that I just did quick swatches so I'm not sure if this would stain your nails or not. I'm terrified of trying new blue polishes for this reason!

outdoor in sun

Indoor. This is a more accurate picture of the colour.



Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you enjoyed the post. I would love to hear your thoughts!

*polish purchased by me and all opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!