Wednesday 6 November 2013

Sally Hansen Triple Shine, my four picks

While at my local drugstore I came across a display of the new Triple Shine line, so of course I had to get some. I picked out four! I thought that was pretty good self control.
Forgive my lack of clean up in todays photos. I was in a hurry and had to skip it in order to get all four polishes swatched.

Vanity Flare is a medium purple creme. Pretty good formula. I used two coats. No top coat used in pics. Dries quite glossy.

vanity flare

sally hansen triple shine

Scale Up is a topper. Appears really thick in the bottle, but surprisingly wasn't. Contains holo shards and micro glitters. The large pieces lay flat to the nail. One coat over Vanity Flare.

scale up

sally hansen triple shine

Bait Me is a light grey pearl shimmer. To be in honest, I thought this was a creme with a bit of shimmer in the bottle. Wasn't until I applied it that I learned it was a pearl finish. Pleasantly surprised by that! Normally not my go to finish. Great formula and I only needed two coats for full coverage. May need one more on longer nails. No top coat.

bait me

sally hansen triple shine

Hypnautical is a topper with iridescent micro and flakie glitter. Thought this would show off the aqua tint that you see in the bottle, but no. A bit disappointed by that.

hypnautical

sally hansen triple shine

So overall thoughts are that these have decent formula and are very shiny without using top coat. Even though we'll all use some anyway! Vanity Flare is nice, but doesn't wow me. I am sure I have other purples like it in my collection. I loved Bait Me!!!! Definitely my fave of the four I chose. The two toppers are fine, but again don't wow me. Have you tried any of these yet? Thoughts?

Thanks for having a boo, hope to see you back soon.

*purchased by me and all opinions are my own*

2 comments:

  1. Scale Up looks just terrible, but I'm LOVING Bait Me. Thanks for the swatches, I'd been eying these in Walgreens but was leery on pulling the trigger because I'm not an SH fan...definitely going to have to get that Bait Me though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!