Saturday 11 May 2013

Models Own scented pastels

I have two polishes from the Models Own Fruit Pastel collection. They are also scented. The entire collection is pretty, but not anything we haven't seen before, so I decided to just buy the two to try. As far as the scent goes, I still find them to have a bit of a chemical smell. It's not horrible, but I find I just don't care much for scented polishes. However the bottles have scratch and sniff stickers on the top that I love. Brings me back to my childhood sticker books!

First up is Grape Juice. Purple pastel. I needed three coats for full coverage. Leveled out nicely on its own. Photos are shown with no top coat.




Strawberry Tart is a light pink pastel. Again, three coats were used. However, even with three coats this was still a bit streaky and didn't self level much. Photos are shown with no top coat.





Overall I didn't find these to be anything special. Unless you love scented polish, of course. I purchased these from Nail Polish Canada, but they are available from many different vendors depending on where you live. Thank you all for stopping in today. Hope you enjoyed!

*polish purchased by me and all opinions are my own*

5 comments:

  1. Cute idea with the scents and the colors are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grape juice. Don't you find the scent goes away real quick when the seche vite goes on or any other top coat? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did disappear quickly, but that didn't really bother me.

      Delete
  3. Not sure how I feel about fruit scented polish, but the colors are lovely, especially that pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scented polish isn't my favourite either. Thought I would give it a try though!

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers!